Must Have Internet Software For Virtual Assistants

must have internet software for virtual assistant

What online software(s) do you need as a virtual assistant to make the most of your time and your client’s time?   Below is my short-list of must have online tools to make the most of your working relationship with your clients.   Make sure you click on the links inside of each paragraph so you can check out each of my recommendations for yourself!

Google Docs

Google Docs is by far one of my favorite online tools and in my humble opinion is quite possible the most important online set of tools for any virtual assistant. For those of you who don’t know, Google Docs is a web-based office suite. All you need to get started with Google Docs is a gmail account. I use Google Docs for document creation, spreadsheets, internet forms and now Google Docs has introduced Google Presentations. Think PowerPoint in the cloud. You won’t ever have to “save” another presentation for your client, simply send an email saying “changes have been made”!

Join.me

Often times my clients have to present their business or product to potential customers. With Join.me presentations can go virtual. Join.me offers a free service for video conference, webinars, or online training (ability to share your screen). This is an excellent free service that you can recommend to your clients.

Zoom

Zoom is a lot like Join.me and offers phenomenal service. You can have up to 50 participants in a group web conference call with their free plan but they limit the duration of the call to 40 minutes. You can manage the callers from a user management dashboard which is awesome (think muting people at times and un-muting at other times). With Zoom all you need to do is share your meeting ID and your conference room URL with the other participants and you’re all set.

Tripit

It’s such a shame that this software didn’t exist back in 2005 when I was managing the calendars of two jet-setting executives. TripIt organizes all your travel plans in one place. Once you’ve created your account, all you need to do is forward any confirmation e-mails you receive (flight info, car rental, hotel confirmation, etc.) to plans@tripit.com. TripIt then collects them and builds an itinerary for your client’s trip—accessible online or from a mobile device. The site will compile flight numbers, gate info, and other important items so you can rest assure that your client is in the right place at the right time with the right confirmation number.

Team Viewer

Team Viewer is a FREE program that allows you to remotely access another computer that has Team Viewer installed. Once you have access, you can then do what’s required such as organize your clients inbox, set up email filters, organize and create email folders, or download a specific software that your client needs but doesn’t know how to do themselves.

DropBox

I simply can’t survive as a virtual assistant without DropBox.   Once you’ve downloaded DropBox it creates a virtual folder on your hard drive.   You can drag and drop any type of digital file into the folder and access it anywhere as long as you have internet connection. Do you own a smartphone?  Download the DropBox application to your Adroid or iPhone and have all your files with you on the go!  Want to share large files with your clients?   Have them download DropBox to their computer and then you’re ready to start sharing private folders and files!

Uber Conference

If you want to impress your prospective client, schedule an introductory call over Uber Conference. It’s free to set up a conference room and you can give it a personal URL like www.uberconference.com/reesebenyaacov

What I love about Uber Conference is you can record the call (great for going back to remember what was said so you don’t have to take notes) and you can access the conference room via telephone or just by clicking on your unique Uber url and speak with your computer microphone. No PIN is required! It syncs up with Google Hangouts, too, which is another reason why I love it.

Asana

It goes without saying that virtual assistants needs to help manage tasks and projects for their clients so it’s important to have all those projects managed from one place and NOT in your inbox. I love Asana for it’s easy to use interface and app that I can use on my iPhone. I can create as many workspaces as I need for the various clients I work with. My clients get updated when I’ve completed a project and with their own login they can login to Asana and see where their projects stand in terms of timeline.

Jing

Creating screenshots of my screen has become something I do on a weekly basis and the one screen shot software that I can’t live without is Jing. When you download Jing you can create screen shots and screencasts quickly.

Click here to tweet out this blog post to your friends and followers!

I’d LOVE to know what online tools you use for your VA business!   How does this particular software save you time and increase your earning potential?

I can’t wait to hear from you.

Reese

123 Responses to Must Have Internet Software For Virtual Assistants

1. Indra Nandha says:

Dear Reese,

Thank you for the wonderful information stated. I am planning to start virtual administrative business as I won’t have a full time job after July 2016.

2. Mariane says:

Hello Reese. These are very helpful tools. Can you confirm if the LogMeIn is the same as the TeamViewer? If so, does it have better functionality?

• Reese says:

Hi, Mariane! I need to update this post. I think TeamViewer is fantastic and use it myself. Go with that.

3. Shannon says:

Hi Reese!

Thanks for this post. I was just wondering – is LogMeIn still free? I can’t find a free version on their website.

Thanks!
    Shannon

4. Anne Marie De Cesare Paris says:

Dear Reese
    First of all,I want to tell you that actually out of all the apps mentioned above you are far the best life saver. I always come to your site for guidance and help. Thanks a lot.

I need to know if there is a software,that helps me book meetings for my client and send an updated list to him.
    Regards

Anne Marie
    Malta Europe

5. Crystal says:

Hi. It’s Crystal again. BTW…my website is http://www.2righthands.com. It’s not very special; it’s a WordPress site and I had no idea what I was doing, but it might give you an idea of my business and help with any ideas you may have.

6. Crystal says:

Hi Reese. My name is Crystal. Within this past year I have started my own VA business. I had been in the work place doing all kinds of administrative and management work for over 20 years and thought this would be a breeze. Well, some of the actual work itself is easy, but I have run into a major problem. Because I do various administrative jobs for different kinds clients, I need to find some kind of system that maintains all of my clients, the projects I do for them and a calendar system that is intuitive enough to tell me when I have an up-coming assignment. Here is some of the different things I do: For companies – create documents and forms, complex spreadsheets, printing projects, mail merges, compliance workbooks, etc. I also do credit repair, personal budgets using spreadsheets and other various personal assistant jobs. It’s really not as big as it sounds since I only have a few clients (mostly people I happen to know from my years of being in the car business on the admin side, and some friends and family.) The number of clients I have may be A LOT smaller than the rest of you guys, but I still need a way of organizing them and their individual projects and invoicing instead of having 18 folders I have to open on my desktop…so amateur! When I do the credit repair, I was very proud of all of the work I put into it, legal documents, contracts, mail merge templates, etc., but that’s only one thing I do. There has to be a better way to merge all of this together, isn’t there? I have to do mail merges for myself, advertising, credit repair, stuff like that, but now I have a new client (real estate agent) that wants me to do mail merges and advertising for him. Do you know of a CRM or something that’s not crazy complicated but has enough functionality to handle the things I’ve described? I am so desperate for help! I’m so “Googled-out” my brain is melting and I don’t have a lot of cash flow too waste. PLEASE HELP!!!

7. Jason says:

Hi Reese, I’m looking for a time tracking app for VA’s, something simple to track hours worked on various projects at differing hourly rates. I’ve looked at myintervals.com and allinvoice.com so far. Do you have any suggestions for an app to meet my needs?

Thanks

8. Armine says:

Hi Reese, thanks for nice posts, they are pretty useful.
    I wonder though how virtual assistant’s working hours are calculated. Even using different softwares like http://www.myhours.com or others in any case it remains on the conscience of the VA as the client has no control whether the VA has written the right starting or ending hours.
    Can you advise any other software that resolves this issue?

9. Gale Guevara says:

Reese I thank you so much for all the information you provide us virtual assistants
    I’m just starting my business and I haven’t licensed it yet, however I’m in the process This Month I will taking a free 12 week Entrepreneurship Program that I’m excited about. Once I’m finished I will have the tools I need to move forward as a Sole Proprietary. I have set-up my website and even blog on it once a week. So is their any information you can give me or anyone blogging on this site to help.
    website: http://www.gbusinessfiles.com
    I created this site on my own because I didn’t have the funds to pay someone so I used one of the most helpful tools YouTube.

• Reese says:

Gale, so great that you built your own site using YouTube tutorials. There is so much free info out there to help us bootstrap our businesses. I encourage you to put a picture of yourself on the home page and learn more about copy writing for business. Design and copyrighting are crucial for a website to get exposure.

10. […] time ago I published one of my most popular blog posts Must Have Software For Virtual Assistants.  It was such a hit that I decided to publish Must Have Software For Virtual Assistants Part […]

11. Natalie Harris says:

Hi Reese,
    I am just getting started in the Virtual Assistant industry. Can you recommend tips to build my client base?

• Reese says:

Sure, Natalie! Check out my Virtual Assistant Start Up Guide. It’s FULL of info about how to grow your client base.

12. Karen says:

Thanks for the wonderful knowledge and helpful tips that you share so generously!
    Can you suggest an easy Task Management system?

13. Marie says:

wildangel1600@yahoo.com

My name is Marie. I want to download Google Docs, but I would like a download that is safe for my computer. Can someone tell me where to
    go to download Google Docs?

Thanks, Marie

14. Jacklyn says:

I am so happy I found this site. I am starting my own VA business and this information has already helped me so much in my planning process. Thank you for sharing your experience with us!!!

15. Chrissie says:

Reese-

Thank you so much for all of the free advice that you post. I am trying to start my business and I have found that you give the most sound advice and for those of us who are struggling with where to start it is priceless.

I really need to hit the ground running- I worked for a bank and most recently found out that my position is being eliminated within the next month. I really need to be successful as well as hit the ground running. Thank you for all that you do to help is all it’s an invaluable resource and you are a blessing!

16. Pamela says:

Reese, I came across your site a few months ago, while exploring the available resources from (VA trainers & entrepreneurs). I bookmarked your site and have finally had a chance to see your suggestions & communication with the group. I’m very encouraged & impressed with the time you’ve taken to share your knowledge. I have over 15 yrs experience as either an admin or exec asst. As I was transitioning from my last outside job, this seemed like a good time to “take the plunge” into a VA business. I’m just getting things up & running, having gotten my first client! I’ve signed up to receive your newsletter (just y’day). So, I look forward to more tidbits from you and connecting with the group soon.

• Reese says:

Pamela, so glad you’re part of my tribe! We’re a fun bunch and I look forward to hearing more about your success as a virtual assistant. Sounds like you’re off to an amazing start! Congrats on your first client!

17. Amber says:

Wow! Great article and thanks to all the others that have added their two cents. I’m just starting up my VA business while working full time so its taking a while but I’m getting there. I use Tripit at work constantly and I love it. Will definitely be using this tool for any future work as well. Doodle is another one – great for setting up multiple meetings. Not so much a tool but a great resource is http://www.timeanddate.com/ – I organise several multi time zone meetings every week and this makes things so easy and takes into account any daylight savings consideration. It also have several other handy bits of information like date to date calculators, countdowns, holidays in different countries, meeting planners, calendar creators – the list goes on. I have just asked to join your facebook group too so I would be most grateful if you could accept me 🙂

• Reese says:

Hey Amber! So glad you’re here. I’ve been using timeanddate.com for years! It’s a must have when booking conference calls with overseas participants. When I was managing calendars of busy executives I often had 5 people on the line from all over the world so timeanddate saved my sanity. I’ll definitely approve your request to join my tribe. Welcome lady!

18. Kathy says:

Hi Reese!
    I agree! More and more businesses are looking to outsourcing to save money. What I would also recommend as someone builds their VA business which brings immediate income, is also create residual income. A few extra hours per week sharing great products with a good company doesn’t take much time and could help many people.

Thanks for sharing such great info!
    Kathy

19. Jane says:

Hi Reese,
    I just read through all the various software/programs everyone suggests using. Great ideas which I am totally on them tonight! Has anyone used Snag-It? It is a great tool to capture content and so much more. You can get a free trial and continue it “forever.” I don’t know what I would do without it. Just google it.

You make me rock on!
    Jane

20. Nicky says:

Hi Reese, love you work. Your passion shines through! I have been asked to manage two or three diaries and email accounts across different clients. What tool do you recommend I use? Regards, Nicky

21. monica maker says:

Reese, I am so thankful that I came across your blog.I am just starting a VA business & was just beginning to get frustrated with all the researching and not finding the tools I need. Your blog has been so helpful to me. I will also look your group up on FB and join. Thanks a lot Reese, Monica

22. Virtual Assistant Angels says:

Hi Reese,
    I have a small VA business in Australia and I only just found your Vlogs which I suggest to any newbies to checkout on YouTube.
    A great online tool I have been using to access my clients desktop remotely to manage their calendar/schedule is a program called TeamViewer. It is free to use if you are just accessing the one computer and I believe they have a once off payment of $600-$700 to use it on multi computers. Your client will also need to download it to their computer first and as long as the clients computer stays switched on, you can set-up a password to access it anytime. Check it out at http://www.teamviewer.com
    I also use Google Calendar for managing other clients calendars but TeamViewer is amazing if your client has software on their desktop for their calendars and to access other programs on their desktop!
    I use Google Drive and another “cloud” program called Box for file sharing and storage.
    The must-have hardware and software I invested in for my computer when I was just starting out was: a laptop, an iPhone, colour printer/scanner, a portable wireless Internet modem, Microsoft Office 2010 suite (the complete package with Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook, Access etc.), Adobe X Pro (excellent for creating forms and converting/editing files in pdf), MYOB Just Invoices, Norton Anti-Virus protection and a password protected USB stick for backups.
    Keep up the great work Reese!

23. Shelia says:

Reese, lady….you are amazing and such a blessing to us, do you offer VA content writing? I sure do hope so, I would love to become a client. I have gained so much information here…until my head is spinning. Wow! love your spirit lady, you possess a powerful spirit of giving/sharing…that along makes you very successful!

• Reese says:

Hi Shelia! Thank you for your lovely comment and beautiful compliments! During my coaching sessions I help my clients develop their own unique voice to help them create the content for their websites. I then review the drafts of the content and provide my feedback and ideas. I can’t wait to work together with you, Shelia! Stay safe over there in Afghanistan! XOXO

24. Kerri says:

Hi Reese,

What a fantastic idea, and a great resource you’ve created here. I worked remotely in a different capacity (as a Production Coordinator) when I was pregnant, but utilized the tools that were supplied by my organization. Some of the tools you mention, above, are ones I’ve heard of, but others which I didn’t realize existed, such as LogMeIn, would be essential to the job! Thanks for sharing your ideas with everyone!

25. Simone Reis says:

Hello Reese,

First of all, congratulations on your blog! You are just great! Thank you so much for taking your time to share all this precious information with us!

I read all the posts above but could not find which tool you or the other colleagues use to manage the client’s diary / agenda.

I live in Brazil and work as an EA inside an office, still not a VA, but I am making a research about this subject since I am very interested on that for future plans. In the office we use Microsoft Outlook, and I imagine the remote clients would use that as well… so how can you see, edit and manage someone else’s calendar without being in the same “network conection” as we are in an physic office?

Also, do you have any information regarding the VA market / demand in Brazil? I am beginning my research about the subject, but could not find strong Brazilian networks in LinkedIn, for example. I found a few websites ofering the services though.

And the final question 🙂 Do you think it would be better to start as you did, first working for a company as a VA, to get acquainted, and then starting to run your own business?

Thank you very much!
    Simone.

• Reese says:

Simone, The virtual assistant industry is booming! For every small business out there in the world there is a need for administrative help. Whether that’s in Brazil, Kenya or the US, there is a demand. I don’t have specific research for you however directly related to Brazil but since you speak the language I would do a Google search for virtual assistants in Brazil and see what comes up.

As for your last question, I loved how I got started in this business. I got experience while I held onto my day job and it worked well for me. Thanks for reading, Simone!!

26. Deb says:

Reese,
    You are the BOMB!! I have been surfing the internet on how to get started as a VA and what software I needed and I found you!! I have subscribed to your newsletter and have read some of your posts!

I have years of experience in Government as a Director’s Secretary and have most of the software. I have subscribed to Adobe Cloud (which I am learning from Lynda.com). I have also been an avid user of Photoshop for over 10 years as I was a digital scrapbook designer. I am an 62, but not brain dead, but maybe some may think I am too old to be a VA. Does it matter?

• Reese says:

Deb, hell no age doesn’t matter! You are as sharp as a knife as far as I’m concerned! You are showing ambition and determination. I don’t always see this with each aspiring VA I meet. Clients want a VA who can get the job done so age isn’t a factor. If you have the skills and YOU DO, you’ll have zero problem landing clients. I can’t wait to see what you come up with!!!

27. Bebe Smalls says:

Reese, I have over 40 years administrative assistant experience and am looking to start a career as a VA. What are the must have Hardware for Virtual Assistants? Also, I have just recently started following your posts are they are very, very, helpful. I have also signed up for your emails and plan to schedule a coaching session with you as soon as I get my questions together.

• Reese says:

Bebe! Well hell yes lady! I am so happy to hear that you’re looking to start a career as a VA. ::Doing a happy dance::. Your bound to have a ton of questions and let me be the first to say that a lot of your questions I have already addressed in my blog posts that span backwards nearly a year. Start there and write down everything that hasn’t been addressed. I look forward to learning more about you and your goals!

28. MissingLink says:

Hi Reese,

I found your article and subsequent posts fascinating. I was wondering if you have an application for free inbound faxes that works. Also, if you could repost your recommendation for free password keeper as I did not see the post you referenced. I used to use splashid on my palm and it was really flexible. I used it for credit cards, ssn, bank accounts, etc. they have an app for the iPhone and even a version for teams, allowing multiple people access. You might find this a good alternative to passing spreadsheets around.

Missing Link

29. Vanessa says:

Great post Reese 🙂 I am fascinated with the TripIt.com software you listed so I’m definitely checking it out. 🙂

30. Joanne says:

Great list of resources – thank you. I use some of them already – just love Dropbox – will be checking out the others as well.

Thanks again

• Reese says:

You’re VERY welcome, Joanne!! Isn’t DropBox amazing? I’ve been using it since 2008. Great software.

31. Nandi says:

Hi Everyone,
    Thanks for all this wonderful information. I am a just starting my VA business and always looking for a system to make my business run well. I love to use Box – it is very similar to dropbox, but i find it more functional. Documents can not only be saved in Box, they can also be created and shared. The system also integrates with google docs. There’s a free version with up to 5G of memory you can pay for more or upgrade to the business option and get better benefits as well as more memory. There are also android and iphone apps that sync well.

32. Natasha says:

myHours.com is a time management, timesheet, time tracking solution. It enables you to track your work time, projects you work on and tasks you perform. It is web based and can be used from any location at any time. I love it and have been using it for over a year now. Great reports as I use them to provide as back up with my invoices so my clients can see the tasks and duration each took to work on. You can also export it to excel so that you can format the data (take out what you don’t want the client to see and add information). Of course, like anything else, you just have to remember to login each day and switch your projects when you begin working on another one but once you get the hang of it, you think nothing of it. Oh, and did I mention it’s FREE….Enjoy! (smile)

33. Sylva says:

Fabulousness!

34. Vickie says:

Hello, I was wondering if there is a high demand for virtual assistants, or once I’ve learned software, how to go about looking for a job like that? I mean, most of them on careerbuilder and monster, indeed.com, simplyhired, are within an organization or company needing someone to do the work there.

I have over fourteen years experience as Administrative Assistant at various companies. Over six years ago, I worked as a District Sales Assistant for a large corporation. I stayed at home with my son to raise him, so the last two years I’ve worked part time, now working full time getting my foot back in the door to the Administrative field. The economy has changed since then, and with me not working for a while, it’s set me back with having not gained more years of experience or pay. So, I am back making (was $10 an hour part time) now working full time ($12 an hour) working for temp agency as receptionist/assistant and not enjoying being stuck on the phones with headset all day 🙁 When I left six years ago making $15.75 an hour. I am trying to find a way to make more money and gain more experience, or have job opportunities!!

I had wanted to eventually move up in an entry level office management position or opportunity, but I was laid off from a few companies and there was not room for growth to have that opportunity within the other companies I worked for as an Admin. Assistant. And, most of them want you to have a college degree or office management experience already.

And advice would be greatly appreciated!

• Reese says:

Vickie there is a very high demand for virtual assistants. With millions of small businesses in the U.S. there is an amazing amount of opportunity out there as each and every small business needs some type of administrative support. I would suggest going through all of my blog posts that date back to July. There is a lot of information there that can answer a lot of your questions and help you in journey to become a successful virtual assistant! xoxo

35. sharon says:

Thank you so much for the info Reese! You are a doll!!! 🙂

36. Virgie says:

Hi Reese,

Thank you so much for providing this information. I am a newbee to the business. I presently use Google Docs and find it to be a powerful tool. I will download the other internet software to use in my Virtual Professional business.

Thanks again.

37. Rambo Ruiz says:

These are wonderful tools Reese and not to mention that many of them are free. I read above that from one of the comments that Google Docs is a life saver, it is indeed 🙂

38. Sharon says:

Hi Reese – You have so much great info in your blog posts and I appreciate all the info that’s being shared here by everyone. I would like to know what is a good program for video editing with clear instructions on how to do editing. I’m looking into adding it to my list of services. Thank you!

• Reese says:

Hi Sharon! Great idea to add video editing your list of services. Why not specialize in video editing and all things surrounding video as video has become essential to growing an online business. To answer your question, it depends which computer you use. For Mac I use iMovie for video editing. For PC Adobe Premier is fantastic. I’ve used it myself. There is a bit of a learning curve associated with Premiere. I have heard of Pinnacle as well but have never used it personally. I would also advise you to check out the website of a VA named Michelle Schoen. Michelle specializes in Camtasia Screencast and webinar production. Here is the link to her website http://www.vademogirl.com/

39. Debby Stacy says:

Dear Reese,
    Thank you so much for all the great information. I have used Google Docs before but the rest are news to me. I will check it all out and sign up for your email list and facebook. So far, I have some great looking business cards from Vistaprint. Lots of work to do. Thanks again.

40. Anne Marie says:

Hi Reese,
    Though I am not a VA (yet!) after stumbling across your blog, i can say I have used most of these tools and find them fantastic! One other I would add would be Skype. Free chats, phone calls, screen sharing, video chats make this a fantastic tool.

Thanks!

• Reese says:

Anne Marie, LOVE Skype. I use the screen sharing tool at least once a week. So when are you going to take the plunge and become a VA? 😉

41. Linda Rae Dixon says:

Reese,

I stumbled on your discussiion regarding Virtual Assistants on LinkedIn and then found this thread. I am most impressed with the information you share and the tips you give. Thank you. I am interested in working as a VA. Can you point me in the right direction?

Linda Rae

• Reese says:

You’re welcome Linda and welcome to my community of VAs! Have you gone through all the posts on this blog? There is a TON of information for you to help you get started. Once you’ve read all the posts then make sure you sign up to my email list right here on the site. Lastly I encourage you to join my Facebook group called Virtual Assistant Tribe. It’s a lovely community of women who are like you, looking to become a virtual assistant and need some help figuring things out. The group is comprised of newbies and veteran virtual assistants.

• Sheila says:

Reese,

I tried to join the FB group but it is closed. Do you think you will be opening it to other VAs again? Thanks again!

• Reese says:

Hi Sheila! I believe you’re in the group now and I am thrilled to have you! xoxo

• Molly says:

Hi Reese –
            I also tried to join the group and saw that it was closed. Do I need to do something specific to become a member?

Thank you so much!

Molly

• Reese says:

Hi Molly! Are you referring to my Facebook group called the Virtual Assistant Tribe? Just do a search for it on FB and click the request to join button. I’ve sent you an invitation to your molly@soundadminsolutions address. I have another group on LinkedIn under the same name. Can’t wait to see you in both groups!

• Simone Reis says:

Thank you so much for reading and answering, Reese!
            I’ve also mentioned in this comment that I would love to know which tool you or the other colleagues use to manage the client’s diary / agenda remotely. Do you have one to suggest?
            Thank you very much!!

• Reese says:

Simone, to manage your clients diary remotely I suggest Google Apps. My email and calendar are set up on the Google platform as well as all of my clients. It makes life so much easier. Not all clients are eager to make the switch. In that case, creative work-arounds are necessary but calendar management is still possible!

• Simone Reis says:

Thank you again, Reese! So kind of you to help us like this!
            Best,
            Simone.

42. […] wrote two blog posts on this subject titled Must Have Software For Virtual Assistants.   There is a part II of that blog post here.  You’ll find a TON of information about what […]

43. Bronwen says:

Hey Reese, you may have to blog about our new software soon! We’re launching in December.

44. Ellen says:

Reese, thank you for all the great suggestions and advice! I also appreciate everything else that was shared by others! This information is wonderful and I sure appreciate being able to learn from some of the best experts in the Virtual world! Reese, I love your blog as well! I can’t tell you how much I appreciate all the great information that you’ve shared for those of us who are newbies!

45. Lora says:

Reese,
    I’m making great use out of these suggestions, thanks!

Do you have a suggestion for a free or inexpensive way to obtain e-signatures on emails documents? I see that Microsoft Office and Adobe support e-signatures, but as a start-up I would rather not invest $14.95 a month, or more in a service just yet.

46. Hi Reese. Thank you so much for your very informative posts. Does anyone know of a free software that you can store your usernames and passwords.

• Reese says:

Christine, I just commented on this below. Check out my comment to Tina for answers to your question about free software for password storage. 🙂

• Sheila says:

Reese,

This is a great article, as are all of your articles! Thank you for sharing your knowledge. I’ve searched the list of comments and cannot find the comment to Tina regarding password storage. I’m wondering what you use. Also, there is a new site out that is in beta testing right now called ClientHat.com which is a great way to have multiple logins at one time on your screen. Have you seen it or tried it yet? Thank you!

47. Colleen Meyer says:

What do you think about Windows Live instead of GoogleDocs?

• Reese says:

Colleen, I am a huge fan of Google Docs. It’s all I use and recommend. Maybe someone else can chime in here about their experience with Windows Live?

48. katrien says:

Oh my god, Reese, your blog is truly becoming my point of reference! Am I glad that I discovered it and all the ideas that you are sharing with us! I am sure that you all have heard about http://www.doodle.com – it is super if you need to schedule a meeting for people of which you don’t have sight on the agendas. Please do continue the good work, Reese!

49. Salome says:

Thanks Reese. All these software insights are indeed helpful as I seek to venture into becoming a professional VA.

50. Except for TripIt, I have also used all the tools you mentioned, Reese. Google Docs is a life saver because I can find old file attachments in there.

Since Google Drive arrived on the scene, I only use Dropbox to automatically backup my blogs.

51. […] community showed their appreciation for my blog post on Must Have Software For Virtual Assistants.   The buzz around that post was so much fun that I decided to create a part II and list even more […]

52. Glenn Rogers says:

Nice list Reese. Dropbox is a lifesaver!

Worth checking out http://www.floatschedule.com if you need a scheduling tool for allocating people’s time across multiple client projects.

53. Kim says:

Thank you for all the suggestions. I use quite a few and those I haven’t used, I’ll be sure to try. Another one I like it Evernote. There’s also an app for your mobile devices so you can access it anywhere you have Internet access. Besides making notebooks to organize your materials, you can also make “to-do” lists.

• Reese says:

Kim I love Evernote! I’ve been using it for quite some time now. It helps me compile ideas for blog posts into one central location.

54. I’m loving using freshbooks.com for time tracking and invoicing. It makes juggling multiple clients at the same time a breeze!
    Thanks for the post! Will check out logmein.com.

55. Has anyone used anymeeting.com? If so, what has been your experience? I host webinars, can I use this software for that purpose? I currently use clickwebinar.com and am looking for something more affordable. Thanks.

• Reese says:

Rita, what I love about any meeting.com is it’s so affordable. I use it, my husband uses as well and we’re very happy with the service.

56. Jaclyn says:

Hi Reece,

Do you have an online to do list or shopping list that you can reccommend? Or an app?

Thanks,

Jaclyn

57. Rachel says:

I am curious about the difference between Google Docs and DropBox. I use both because certain of my clients use certain applications. Personally, I prefer DropBox as it’s immediately accessible from my Favourites and the document looks just like it would if I was opening it directly from my computer. However, Google Docs means you have to go to the website, log in and then the file doesn’t look the same as the regular program.
    I would love your comments on this.

• Reese says:

Rachel DropBox is a place to store your digital files. Google Docs is an online office-suite that allows you to create, share and edit your documents without ever having to send the file via email. You cannot create from DropBox. One of the things I use Google Docs for on a consistant basis is to create simple spreadsheets that I need to send to my clients, like a password list of all their login information. Does this help?

58. I do not even know how I ended up here, but I thought this post was great. I don’t know who you are but definitely you’re going to a famous blogger if you aren’t already 😉 Cheers!

59. Dawntae says:

Thanks Reese, this is great. Very helpful

60. Hi, Reese ~

Great resources! I’ve used most of them and want to add one more: Audacity. It’s a free, open source software that helps when clients have an audio they want to edit, add intro music to, etc.

Thanks for the great post!
    Karen

61. Wil says:

Hi Reese,
    Those are valuable tools. Thank you for sharing. I work with a few VAs who help me to grow my business. I really enjoy Central Desktop. We can collaborate easily, share info and tasks as well as keep track of conversations.

We have been utilizing this tool for at least 4 years and wouldn’t know how to survive without it.

• Reese says:

Wil, Thank you! Central Desktop is fantastic. I use it with my clients and I think it’s one of the more robust online collaboration and productivity tools. For those of you who haven’t heard of Central Desktop I would highly recommend looking into it. They offer a free version. Here is the link http://www.centraldesktop.com/personal There are other services as well like Producteev and The Action Method, each of which offer a free service.